I’ve neglected this blog the past few months. Work has been crazy and interesting – I finally got a promotion to research assistant (and a raise!) and I’m project leader on an inpatient study that we’re running for NASA. On top of my usual study recruitment, data analysis, and general lab work. Also, planned and executed another Philadelphia Twestival this past week.
On the 101/1001 project front, I’ve been making slow, mostly unconscious effort. Tomorrow is 2 years left on the project, so I figured I should update my progress
1. Read 100 books. – I’m 24 books into the 100. I’ve been making an effort to step up how quickly I read my Bookswimbooks, so I don’t see this being a problem at all. Besides, reading makes me happy and less stressed. If you want to follow what I’m reading, follow me on Goodreads.
2. Find 10 new vegetarian recipes I can cook for regular meals. – I’m at 3.5 for this. I found a great homemade Sloppy Joe recipe that both the husband and I enjoy – ground beef for his, shredded portabello mushroom for mine (the husband gets props for that idea!). I’ve also rediscovered my recipe for Baked Veggie Stew with Biscuits. For Valentine’s Day, I made homemade calzones for us, which worked pretty well. The dough needs a bit of tweaking, but it’s almost there; having the time to let it rise is the biggest issue on a non-weekend evening. Yesterday, I tried to make lasagna for myself for the first time ever – which tastes fine, just doesn’t stay together very well since I can’t eat ricotta or tofu. I’ve seen suggestions of using mashed potatoes as a substitute, so I may try that at some point (thus the 0.5 for this one, it works but not quite).
6. Complete a 365 day photo challenge. – I started this on January 1 of this year, and I’m all caught up at the moment. There have been a few weeks where I’ve gotten a week behind and then taken a bunch of pictures to catch up, which is sorta of cheating, but I’m allowing myself that bit of leeway. I’m taking macro-type shots with my iPhone. It’s been teaching me A LOT about lighting and about ways to prop the phone/camera to get steady shots. If you want to check them out (though they are kinda crappy), they are up on Flickr.
12. Make an investment. – I opened an IRA with the bank my savings account is with, and it will automatically transfer $100/month from my savings over to the IRA, which is enough for right now according to their retirement savings calculator thing. I set that up this past month.
20. See a lunar eclipse. – The husband and I got up early on December 21 and took the camera & tripod out into the courtyard of our building to see the lunar eclipse. It was amazing. None of the pictures really came out, the shutter speed was too slow and the moon moved in that time and all the pictures were blurry.
22. Bake something new every month. – I haven’t been really keeping this up, though I really should. I miss baking. Doesn’t help with my waistline though.
27. Join Postcrossing.com and send 10 postcards. – Joined, have postcards, still haven’t sent any, need to get on that.
28. Pay off all credit card debt. – Still working on this, paying the “pay this amount to pay off in 3 years” amount instead of the minimum payments, and I’m no longer charging anything to any of my cards.
52. Beat 5 video games. – Still only 1/5. Only beat Fairytale Fights, though still working on PuzzleQuest.
67. Make a list of 100 books I would like to read. – Done since I keep having more books that I want to read than I can add to my Bookswim queue and Bookswim will only allow 100 books on your queue at a time. Therefore, I perpetually have a list of 100 books I’d like to read, at least for the time being. This is ever-changing, so I’m just going to call it good enough that it is on there.
72. Watch every James Bond film. – We’re at 15/22 on this. Still have 7 more to watch!
74. Create a 4 generation family history tree. – Realized I had this already done on Ancestry.com!
91. Walk 10,000 steps a day, 5 days a week, for a month. – I’ve been keeping this up (most days) since last September. I’m so proud of myself! My fibro doc and my gyno have both been impressed as well.
Days left: 731/1001
Tasks Completed: 12/101
Tasks in progress: 11/101
I think over the next week I’m going to sit down and edit my list some – some things I don’t think will be feasible, and might need to change. Need to work more on all the writing goals on there as well!